TERMS AND CONDITIONS for www.miracleinside.com
These terms and conditions govern your use of our website.
Please read the terms in full before you use this Website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future
1. SITE ACCESS
1.1. You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. [However, particular areas of this Website will only be accessible only if you have registered like the Booking a Scan Page.]
2. USE OF WEBSITE
2.1. You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. The material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
2.2. The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
2.3. Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
3. SITE UPTIME
3.1. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to the server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
3.2. This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
4. VISITOR CONDUCT
4.2. When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
a) For which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
b) That is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
c) Which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
4.3. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
5. LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
5.1. Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
5.2. If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
(c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
5.3. If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
6.1. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
6.2. The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
7. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
7.1. Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be a liability or responsibility for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
7.2. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for
(i) Death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977);
(ii) Fraud ;
(iii) Misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(iv) Any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
8. GOVERNING JURISDICTION
GOVERNING JURISDICTION This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.
9. ZERO TOLERANCE
The Centre takes it very seriously if a member of staff or one of the team is treated in an abusive or violent way.
The Centre supports the government's 'Zero Tolerance' campaign for Health Service Staff. This states that Medical Professional and their staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services with a mutual respect between all the staff and Customers has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. They would respectfully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time. The staff understand that Customers do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Centre list and, in extreme cases, the Police would be contacted.
In order for the Centre to maintain good relations with their Customers the centre would like to ask all its patients to read and take note of the occasional types of behaviour that would be found unacceptable:
- Using bad language or swearing at practice staff
- Any physical violence towards any member of the Team or other patients, such as pushing or shoving
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including verbally insulting the staff
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within this practice
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations are given when they cannot
- Causing damage/stealing from the Centre's premises, staff or Customers
10.Cancellation & Amendment Terms
A confirmed booking is an appointment for which a deposit has been paid. Should you wish to cancel or amend your appointment the following terms apply:
- Cancellation of a confirmed appointment up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled appointment will be subject to a cancellation fee of £30 being the value of the deposit paid.
- Amendments to a confirmed appointment up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled appointment will not be subject to any amendment fee for the first amendment, however, further amendments will be subject to an amendment fee of £ 10.
- Failed attendance or cancellation of a confirmed appointment within 72 hours of a scheduled appointment will be subject to the full outstanding balance of the chosen scan package, less the cost of any additional souvenirs added, being debited from the card from which the deposit was paid.
- Amendments to a confirmed appointment within 72 hours of a scheduled appointment will be subject to an amendment fee of £25 being added to the outstanding balance, full payment of which must be paid at the time of amendment.
- Deposit paid for one Package booked cannot use or altered for Another different Package under any circumstance
- Cancellation of the services by the Company. Miracle Inside may suspend or cancel the services if you do not pay us when you are supposed to or provide us with the relevant information/ DisAgree to Consent our Prescan Questionaire needed to carry out the services. We will refund you any money you have paid in advance if we have not provided the services but may deduct reasonable costs we incur as a result.
11. WEBSITE OPERATED
WEBSITE OPERATED by Miracle Inside UK Ltd – Company Registration No. 09484044. Registered Office Address: No 35, Victoria Road, HD6 4DX, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Contact: 01132008760 or Email Miracle Inside. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.