FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the Non-Invasive Prenatal Test?
A non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that offers the reassurance of knowing in the early stages of pregnancy, as early as 10 weeks, that your baby is at low risk of Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21), Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18), and Patau Syndrome (Trisomy 13). Other tests that are commonly requested are sex chromosome-linked conditions such as Klinefelter syndrome and Turner syndrome. (Please discuss with your healthcare provider which Downs syndrome test is right for you). The NIPT test does not assess risk for mosaicism, partial trisomies or translocations. The test will provide accurate answers when they matter most—simply, safely, sooner.
2. How is it carried out?
Your baby’s cell-free DNA can be detected circulating in your blood and so it requires a simple blood test, which is then sent to GENOMA Genetic’s labs, analysed and the results returned within 1 week. You will also be required to have an ultrasound scan prior to the blood test to check the viability of your pregnancy.
3. Who can have the Genesis Serenity prenatal test?
It can be carried out for most pregnancies. Including IVF, singleton and twins. It can be performed on women who conceived via Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), including the use of a donor egg.
4. Is the NIPT test conclusive?
Although it’s not 100% conclusive, PRENATALSAFE test is highly accurate. The NIPT test identifies in singleton pregnancies more than 99% of fetuses with Trisomy 21, 98% of fetuses with Trisomy 18, and 98% of fetuses with Trisomy 13, and 95% of fetuses with Turner Syndrome. X and Y analysis provide>99% accuracy for fetal sex. Accuracy for detecting other sex chromosome anomalies varies by condition. The risk of requiring further testing such as CVS or Amniocentesis after a PRENATALSAFE NIPT is dramatically reduced.
5. How does NIPT test differ from NHS tests?
The PRENATALSAFE test is able to deliver a much higher accuracy than NHS tests giving you greater peace of mind. It’s totally non-invasive, posing minimal risk to mother or baby, can test for more than just Down Syndrome and can be carried out as early as 10 weeks pregnant. NHS Down Syndrome tests are typically undertaken via a nuchal translucency ultrasound between 11 and 14 weeks. NIPT test can only estimate the risk of your baby having Down’s, it can’t tell you for sure either way. For example, if your result is one in 1,000, this means that for every 1,000 babies with your level of risk, one will have Down’s syndrome. A risk of one in 150 or less is considered high. If for some reason the scan cannot be completed, expectant mothers are offered a blood test between 14 and 20 weeks of pregnancy, which is less accurate than the nuchal test. Further testing such as CVS and amniocentesis are invasive and have risk factors associated with them.
6. How does the PRENATALSAFE test differ from other NIPTs on the market?
Our laboratory is based in SPAIN, ensuring that your results are returned to you faster than many of our competitors who send blood samples to the United States or China for analysis.
7. Where can I get the Best NIPT test in Leeds?
Miracle Inside 3D/4D Baby Scan Centre offers the PRENATALSAFE test at its clinics in Leeds, Ls102Bd. To make an appointment call 01132008760 during office hours or email us on Miracle Inside
8. How long does it take?
Once you have seen your Healthcare Professional and had your scan then a simple blood sample is taken from the expectant mother's arm to be sent to Eurofins labs for processing which will take less than 1 week. Results are sent to the healthcare professional to forward to patients.
9. NIPT Test Clinics
To make an appointment at our clinics please call our customer services team on 01132008760 during office hours or email us on Miracle Inside
10. ADVANTAGES OF THE PRENATALSAFE
- IT'S SIMPLE
- IT'S RELIABLE - 99.9% sensitivity for chromosomes 21,18 13 and aneuploidy of sex chromosomes with a false positive rate lower than 0.01%. (Fiorentino et Al., 2016)
- IT'S SAFE - It is a non-invasive test, no risk to the fetus or the mother.
- IT'S SENSITIVE - It allows detecting chromosomal aneuploidies even at low quantities of fetal DNA (2%), unlike other tests that require a quantity of fetal DNA> 4%.
- IT'S QUICK - Thanks to the new high-resolution FAST technology, the PrenatalSAFE test results will be available from 3 working days.
- IT'S CLEAR - PrenatalSAFE® is the Non-invasive prenatal test that provides the clearest results: aneuploidy DETECTED or aneuploidy NOT-DETECTED, within the limits of resolution of the method
- Free follow-up of abnormal results
- Reimbursement of the test fee for cases with inconclusive test results
- Free RhSafe test for pregnant women Rh(D) negative with husband Rh(D) positive
- Pre and Post-test genetic counselling
Gestational age of the PrenatalSafe - Please ensure you will be at least 10 weeks pregnant at the time of your scheduled appointment NIPT Test.
For More details please Visit https://www.genesafe.co.uk/, http://www.prenatalsafe.co.uk/, https://www.prenatalsafekaryo.co.uk/ for more information’s about NIPT test