Vistara ( Pre-natal Test additional to Panorama Test) £850
Vistara -Single Gene NIPT does not test for chromosomal abnormalities such as extra chromosomes (eh, Down's syndrome ) or test for your baby's gender. Vistara test is done to find small DNA changes, or single-gene mutations, which could affect a baby’s health.It is Like other non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPTs), Vistara analyses DNA from the placenta that is found in a mother’s blood
Vistara screens for serious conditions across for 30 skeletal, cardiac and neurological disorders with a combined incidence of 1 in 600 - Noonan syndrome, Achondroplasia, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Rett syndrome, Craniosynostosis
Vistara -Single Gene NIPT
- screens for serious genetic conditions (caused by single-gene mutations across 30 genes) that affect quality of life and may benefit from medical and/or surgical intervention
- screens for a set of genetic disorders that, combined, occur more frequently than Down Syndrome
- screens for Genetic conditions that are not tested by traditional NIPTs or carrier screening
- is a simple blood test and can be performed as early as nine weeks of pregnancy
- Vistara -Single Gene NIPT does not poses any miscarriage risk to your baby.
Screened conditions include:
- Noonan Syndrome
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Rett Syndrome
- 21 other single-gene disorders across 30 genes
Consider Vistara -Single Gene NIPT for the following indications:
- paternal age (over 40 years)
- if you’d like to know as much as possible or as an extra to your Panorama Test, CVS or amniocentesis
- if ultrasound anomalies are identified on your scan (such as shortened long bones, increased NT measurements or cardiac defects)
Vistara screens cell-free DNA (cfDNA) for serious genetic conditions that affect the quality of life and may benefit from medical and/or surgical intervention. Conditions screened by Vistara have a combined incidence of 1 in 600 – higher than that of Down syndrome.
To Contact us for more information to know about these blood test call 📞 01138301371 to speak with the Healthcare Professional
The focus here is on de novo dominant disorders, at the SNP level. This would include, Noonan and Rett syndrome, achondroplasia, osteogenesis imperfecta, craniosynostosis, etc. This is useful for advanced paternal age (35+) and for non-specific ultrasound findings such as shorter long bones. For each condition, the attached list lists the genes we analyse, the detection rates, types of ultrasound findings, and clinical actions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do about my Regular NHS 12 weeks scan and NT measurements scans?
If you are having NIPT Test or you have got negative or Low-risk result on the Non-Invasive Prenatal Test you should still attend and not miss your regular 12 week NHS scan and the NT measurements.
How Does Vistara Single-Gene Testing Differ From Other Types of Prenatal Testing?
Vistara is the next step in the evolution of NIPT, going beyond chromosome-level anomalies to assess single gene disorders. Vistara can be used in conjunction with Panorama NIPT to provide a more comprehensive screening of clinically serious genetic disorders, as traditional NIPT’s do not screen for these conditions. In addition, Vistara can be used as an adjunct to a CVS or amniocentesis as invasive diagnostic testing such as a karyotype or microarray, does not evaluate for single gene disorders.
- We will require details of your GP / Health Care Professional, which may be requested prior to or at the time of the scan.
- This scan requires access to the area of interest, therefore it is recommended to wear loose clothing to facilitate this process.
- Blood results require interpretation and All results should be shared with your regular healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist.
- All of our first line ultrasound scans & health Blood tests are optional. You must be at least 16 years old and you should have no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan/blood test you are booking. If you are in any doubt about having any type of test, you should consult your GP.
- The Geneticist, in the context of Genetic Counselling, will explain in detail the test result and advise to confirm the result by invasive prenatal diagnosis. is provided as part of this Blood test Services. Customers regular Healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist is responsible for ensuring appropriate counselling provided to the patient.
Book now your Vistara ( Pre-natal Test additional to Panorama Test) in LeedsBook Now