The IONA® NIPT Test £450
The IONA® NIPT Test without ultrasound -£450
The IONA® NIPT Test with ultrasound -£500
Getting an advanced prenatal screening test-Safe, fast, and accurate.
The IONA® NIPT test is a safe, fast and reliable non-invasive prenatal screening test (NIPT) which estimates the risk of the baby having Down's syndrome, Edwards' syndrome, and Patau's syndrome. IONA® CARE NIPT Test offers additional screening for select Sex Chromosome Aneuploidies (SCAs) and Autosomal Aneuploidies (AAs). Fetal sex determination is also available for singleton and monochorionic twin pregnancies.
The IONA® test is available from the Miracle Inside private centre in Leeds for £400. please click BOOK NOW.
When can you take it ? From 10 weeks of Pregnancy
NOTE: Due to the current COVID situations all Send away blood will have a surcharge of £10 for next-day delivery Courier to avoid delay in the sample reaching the laboratory.
HOW Accurate is the IONA® NIPT Test?
The IONA® NIPT test is greater than 99.99% accurate for detecting Down's syndrome, Edwards' syndrome and Patau's syndrome. For full performance data on the IONA® test and IONA® Care, please visit the manufacturer's website (hyperlink to https://www.yourgene-health.com/nipt/iona-nx/for-clinical-laboratories/clinical-performance)
The IONA® NIPT Test - An Overview:
The IONA® and IONA® Care are is a non-invasive prenatal test that screen pregnancies for the most common chromosomal anomalies. Choose IONA® from Miracle Inside near Huddersfield for reassurance about the health of your baby.
The IONA® NIPT blood tests are:
- Safe: Non-invasive with NO Chance of miscarriage
- Fast: Results are available within 5 - 7 working days due to the current Covid situation.
- Accurate: More than 99 per cent for trisomy cases (trisomy 21, 18, and 13) and more than 97 per cent for fetal sex identification (optional)
- Local: The IONA® NIPT Test is performed at Yourgene Genomic Services CQC registered laboratory in Manchester, inside UK , not shipped to the US or China.
- Quality: The IONA test is a regulated screening test that is CE-marked.
After ten weeks of gestation, a small blood sample can be taken from the mother's arm and sent to the nearest IONA manchester laboratory, DNA is extracted from the blood sample and the analysis is performed. During pregnancy, the placenta leaks fetal cell-free DNA circulating in the maternal bloodstream. As a consequence, a mother's plasma sample contains a combination of fetal and maternal circulating DNA. The IONA® test and IONA® Care analyse the DNA ratios between the maternal and fetal DNA and can accurately detect minor differences in the DNA ratios to determine whether a fetal trisomy, sex chromosome aneuploidy or autosomal aneuploidy is present.
According to the International Society for Prenatal Diagnosis (ISPD) and the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG), Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) is a primary prenatal screening blood test for pregnant women of all ages. It is a method that determines whether the fetus will be born with genetic abnormalities. The NIPT Blood test serves as a first-line screen for the diagnosis of chromosome abnormalities. Infants born to mothers above 35 years of age are more likely to have Down Syndrome and other chromosome conditions.
Miracle Inside 3D/4D Baby Scan Centre delivers a complete variety of Early Pregnancy Scans, Gender Scans, Reassurance Scans, and 3D/4D Baby Ultrasound Scans services exclusively for different stages of the pregnancy. Our target is still easy to get the best prenatal 2D scans, 3D scans, 4D Infant Screening Clinic for Ultrasound Scans in Leeds, West Yorkshire. To do this, we have the best professionally qualified, certified Sonographers and Scan Kits ideally tailored for you and exceptional customer service.
If you have questions or want to get in touch, we're here for you!
Contact us for more information to know about these NIPT blood tests with Ultrasound, please call 📞 01138301371 to speak with the Healthcare Professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are NIPT Tests available on the NHS Treatment?
NHS normally provide a Combined test or Quadruple blood screening test with the blood test to indicate the likelihood of having Down's Syndrome only if there is a risk considered HIGH NIPT ios now offered as a screening test . Later, an invasive test called an Amniocentesis, or chorionic villus sampling (CVS) for patients will be suggested for confirmation
Most parents are going for the NIPT test as invasive test procedures carry a high risk of miscarriage. Twith NIPT there is no risk for mother and fetus, and you can expect the results in 7 working days.The NHS is currently unable to provide this test to everyone due to the costs involved, although most private healthcare professionals recommend it for the Peace of mind.
- WHY IS The IONA® CARE NIPT BETTER THAN THE CURRENT COMBINED TEST?
At present, regular screening given during pregnancy is called the combined test. It is an ultrasound scan to estimate the nuchal translucency (NT) and a blood test. The combined test is much less effective than the NIPT test and only detects about 85% infants with DOWNS Syndrome.
The IONA test has a better detection rate than that given to pregnant women in the new combined test . NIPT reduces the number of pregnant women that are unnecessarily referred for follow-up invasive procedures such as amniocentesis or CVS which can be stressful, uncomfortable and may carry a small risk of miscarriage. NIPT is safer, faster and more accurate
- Can I have the IONA® NIPT Test if I have twins?
For twin births,The IONA® test is suitable for twin pregnancies. However in the case of dichorionic twins (where there are two placentas), the test sensitivity is reduced to 95%. Fetal sex determination and IONA® Care cannot be performed for dichorionic twin pregnancies.
- Is the IONA® NIPT Test 100% conclusive?
All NIPT tests are screening tests and while they are highly accurate they cannot be considered diagnostic. NIPT tests the DNA from the placenta and there are naturally occurring biological instances where this placental DNA has variations from the fetal DNA. Due to these reasons, NIPT is not 100% conclusive.There is a 0.2% no-call rate (or re-draw rate). It is very unlikely that your sample will not contain enough cell free DNA for the analysis but should this occur, a further blood sample would be requested from yourself at no additional cost.
- What is the false positive rate?
Less than 1% of pregnant women may have a high-risk IONA® NIPT Test outcome, followed by an invasive follow-up test that ensures that the fetus is not affected by trisomy 21, 18, or 13.
For more information, please visit the website of the test provider using the links below:
How the IONA® test works
- Low Risk: This means that it isvery unlikelly that your pregnancy is affected by trisomy 21, 18, or 13.
- High Risk: Pregnancy is at elevated risk for trisomy 21, 18, or 13, and the finding can be validated by an intrusive follow-up such as amniocentesis.
- No result: Very rarely, the placental DNA in the sample is inadequate to produce a response. Your health care professional may ask you to take another blood sample.
For any further clarification or doubts, please call on 01138301371.
- Is Gender Confirmation possible with NIPT Test ?
The earliest time you will get a test ultrasound for a Baby's Gender Reveal is about 16 weeks, and after 20 weeks, the NHS does not appear to have gender clarification. A NIPT examination can be conducted from as early as ten weeks, with findings arriving in 7 working days.
- What do about my Regular NHS 12 weeks scan and NT measurements scans ?
If you are having NIPT Test or you have got a negative or Low-risk result on the Non-Invasive Prenatal Test, even then you should not miss your regular 12 week NHS scan and the NT measurements.
- What if I have a high BMI?
There is a chance of getting an inconclusive results as women with high BMI due to the reduction in the proportion of cell-free fetal DNA avavilable for analysis.There is an increase chance of receiving an inconclusive result for women with a high BMI as the proportion of cell free fetal DNA (fetal fraction) can be lower than in women with a lower BMI. IONA® and IONA® Care are able to produce valid results at one of the lowest fetal fractions of all the NIPT providers.
- We will require details of your GP/Health Care Professional, which may be requested before or at the time of the scan.
- This scan requires access to the area of interest, therefore it is recommended to wear loose clothing to facilitate this process.
- Blood results require interpretation and All results should be shared with your regular healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist.
- All of our first line ultrasound scans & health Blood tests are optional. You must be at least 16 years old with no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan/blood test you are booking. In case you have any doubts, please check with your GP.
- Genetic counseling is not provided as part of this Blood test Services. Customers' regular Healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist is responsible for ensuring appropriate counseling provided to the patient.
Book your IONA® CARE NIPT Screening Test in LeedsBook Now