Harmony Prenatal Test, Leeds £400
Harmony Prenatal Test without ultrasound - £400
Harmony Prenatal Test with ultrasound - £450
Get the most proven NIPT test for your baby’s health and peace of mind.
When it comes to prenatal screening, prenatal harmony screening is one of the most validated NIPT blood tests that look at the fetal DNA fragments in your blood to precisely detect chromosome conditions as early as 10 weeks. The Harmony NIPT test is available at the Miracle Inside Diagnostic Service near Bradford from 10 weeks of pregnancy. It is crafted to fit your protocols and give you peace of mind when you need it most. Our service includes the Harmony blood test and a scan, allowing you to see your baby, in the comfort of our first-class facilities. NIPT harmony test costs at Miracle Inside, Leeds are affordable to fit your pockets. A ultrasound scan is offered for Only viability (heartbeat) and gestation measurements for people who have not had a early scan with the NHS and dont know how many weeks pregnant .
Book the best private Harmony test for £400
Please click here To Book Your Harmony NIPT Blood test Without Ultrasound scan . Today
When should you take it?
From 10 weeks of Pregnancy
How accurate is the harmony test?
99% accurate for Down’s syndrome, 97% accurate for Edward’s syndrome, 80% accurate for Patau syndrome.
NOTE: Due to the current COVID situations all Send away blood will have a surcharge of £10 for next day delivery Courier to avoid delay in the sample reaching the laboratory.
Harmony Prenatal NIPT - An Overview
According to the International Society for Prenatal Diagnosis (ISPD) and the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG), Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) is a primary prenatal screening blood test for pregnant women of all ages. It is a method that determines whether the fetus will be born with genetic abnormalities. The NIPT Blood test serves as a first-line screen for the diagnosis of chromosome abnormalities. Infants born to mothers above 35 years of age are more likely to have Down Syndrome and other chromosome conditions. NIPT also detects microdeletion syndromes that occur in infants regardless of their mother's age.
Harmony NIPT, developed in the USA by Ariosa Diagnostics, is the cell-free DNA based non-invasive prenatal test that screens for specific genetic conditions in a pregnancy as early as in 10 weeks of gestation. Miracle Inside Diagnostic Center near Harrogate provides Harmony Genetic Testing, which is a proven NIPT blood test that delivers high-quality and reliable results. It has a 99% detection rate for Down Syndrome and will also identify most cases of Edward Syndrome and Patau Syndrome.
Who is it suitable for?
The Harmony Test is suitable for any pregnant woman with a singleton or twin pregnancy (except donor twin pregnancy). Typically, the test is useful for the following patients:
- Women over 35 who are concerned about their age-related risk of Down Syndrome and other Trisomies.
- Women under 35 who want a safe, reliable, early, and accurate test for Down Syndrome
- Women who have an increased risk or “High Risk” result from a Combined Test or Nuchal Translucency scan but wish to avoid unnecessary CVS or amniocentesis and their risk of miscarriage.
- Women who have an increased risk or “High Risk” result from a Triple test or Quad test but wish to avoid unnecessary CVS or am niocentesis and their risk of miscarriage.
- Women with a previous pregnancy with a baby with Down Syndrome ,please contact us for info, Patau Syndrome or Edward Syndrome
- The test is not suitable for multiple pregnancies with donor eggs.
To Reserve your spot for Harmony Screening Test with ultrasound scan , please click BOOK NOW
Contact us for more information to know about these NIPT blood tests with Ultrasound ,please call 📞 01138301371 to speak with the Healthcare Professional.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What does it test for?
- Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21) is the most common trisomy at the time of birth. This type of trisomy is characterized with moderate to severe intellectual disabilities, digestive disease, congenital heart defects and other malformations.
- Edwards Syndrome (Trisomy 18) and Patau Syndrome (Trisomy 13) are associated with a high rate of miscarriage. The babies with these conditions are born with severe brain abnormalities, congenital heart defects as well as other birth defects. Most affected individuals die before or soon after birth and very few survive beyond the first year of life.
Can it tell my baby’s sex?
The Harmony test is primarily used for the detection of Trisomy 21,18 and 13. However, you can request X and Y analysis providing over 99% accuracy for your baby’s gender. This option is also available for twin pregnancies. A female result for a twin pregnancy will apply to both babies, a male result will apply to either one or both babies.
Sex Chromosome conditions - Optional extra
The Harmony test can also assess the risk of sex chromosome conditions XXX, XYY, XXYY, XXY, and a missing X chromosome in a girl (Turner Syndrome) A female fetus with a single X chromosome. These babies have a high risk of miscarriage and heart problems. Harmony Screening test also can detect Sex Aneuploidies* X, Y ( Monosomy X - Turner syndrome: X0, Triple X syndrome: XXX, Klinefelter syndrome: XXY, Jacobs syndrome: XYY, XXYY syndrome )
We will discuss whether this option is right for you at the time of appointment. Please note that this option is not available for twin pregnancies.
22q11.2 deletion Screening - Optional extra
TDL Genetics now offers 22q11.2 deletion screening as an additional optional extra in the Harmony prenatal test menu. 22q11.2 deletion is the underlying cause of conditions described as DiGeorge Syndrome and velocardiofacial syndrome (VCFS). We will discuss whether this option is right for you at the time of appointment.
What does a HIGH RISK result mean?
A HIGH-RISK result is indicative of high risk for a trisomy. The test identifies more than 99% of fetuses with trisomy 21, 98% of fetuses with trisomy 18, and 80% of fetuses with trisomy 13. After the test, the number of women required to have a CVS or an amniocentesis is less than 1%. It is important to note that if the test results show there is a HIGH risk that the fetus has trisomy 21, 18, or 13 it does not mean that the fetus has one of these defects, although it is highly likely. For this reason, in the event of a high risk (or positive) result, follow-up testing by an invasive procedure is recommended.
What does a LOW RISK result mean?
If the test results show that there is LOW RISK, then the fetus has trisomy 21, 18, or 13. It is unlikely that the fetus has one of these defects. However, there is some risk that not all trisomy fetuses will be detected. All results should be interpreted by a clinician in the context of clinical and familial data: patients should continue with their usual scan appointments following testing.
How long will it take to get results? Reasons for failed Test?
Typically, you will get the results within 7 working days. However, if there is not enough fetal DNA (<4%) in the original blood sample, then we will again take a blood test within a week of the original test at no cost.
The relative proportion of cell-free fetal DNA is reduced in women with a high BMI as they have more of their own cell-free DNA circulating in their blood. Low fetal fractions of less than 4% will lead to a failure of the NIPT test or render a false negative result. Some of the reasons for low fetal fractions include testing too early in the pregnancy, sampling errors, maternal obesity, and fetal abnormality.
Are there any risks to the pregnancy from the Harmony Test?
You have no risks in the pregnancy as the harmony DNA test is non-invasive. A sample blood is drawn from the mother’s arm during harmony genetic testing. Hence, there are no risks of miscarriage or other adverse consequences that are associated with invasive testing procedures such as CVS or amniocentesis.
Are NIPT Tests available on the NHS Treatment?
NHS will only provide a Combined test or Quadruple blood screening test with the blood test to indicate the likelihood of having Down's Syndrome only if there is a risk considered HIGH. Later, an invasive test called an Amniocentesis, or chorionic villus sampling (CVS) for patients will be suggested.
Most parents are going for the NIPT test as invasive test procedures carry a high risk of miscarriage. There is no risk for mother and fetus, and you can expect the results in 7 working days.The NHS is currently unable to provide this test due to the costs involved, although most private healthcare professionals recommend it for the Peace of mind.
The earliest you can have a scan to know Baby’s Gender is around 16 weeks and the NHS don’t tend to provide gender confirmation until 20 weeks. A NIPT test can be performed from as early as 10 weeks, with the results arriving in 7 working days.
What do about my Regular NHS 12 weeks scan and NT measurement scans?
If you are having NIPT Test or you have got a negative or Low-risk result on the Non-Invasive Prenatal Test, even then you should not miss your regular 12 week NHS scan and the NT measurements.
What if the sample fails?
Statistically, the failure rate is 3 % to 4%. If there is not enough cell-free DNA in the blood sample to analyze, we will again take a new sample at no extra cost.
What if I have a high BMI?
There is a high chance of getting inconclusive results as women with high BMI have reduction in the proportion of cell-free fetal DNA.
To speak to our healthcare professional about Harmony NIPT, call us at 📞 01138301371.
- NIPT can not be done for multiple gestation pregnancies with 3 or more fetuses. It is also not recommended for pregnant women with a history of bone marrow transplantation or other illnesses. For more clarification, please contact us.
- We will require details of your GP/Health Care Professional, which may be requested before or at the time of the scan.
- This scan requires access to the area of interest, therefore it is recommended to wear loose clothing to facilitate this process.
- Blood results require interpretation and All results should be shared with your regular healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist.
- All of our first line ultrasound scans & health Blood tests are optional. You must be at least 16 years old with no existing medical condition or treatment pending that relates to the scan/blood test you are booking. In case you have any doubts, please check with your GP.
- Genetic counseling is not provided as part of this Blood test Services. The customer's regular Healthcare professional / GP / Fertility specialist is responsible for ensuring appropriate counseling provided to the patient.
Book now to your Harmnony Prenatal Test in LeedsBook Now